Anodized Aluminum Architectural Finishes
For more than 20 years, Aluminum Shapes, LLC has been anodizing extruded aluminum with a focus on architectural finishes. With one of the largest and most sophisticated anodizing systems in the world, our fully automated line is designed to move up to 30,000 sq. ft. of aluminum extrusion per 8 hour shift through our tanks in lengths up to 28´- 6˝ long.
Precise control and monitoring of each processing tank produces high quality Type II electrolytic two-step finishes in clear, champagne, light, medium or dark bronze, and coal black. These finishes provide exceptional endurance and decorative qualities, meet AAMA, MIL-A-8625, and AAC specifications, and ensure color consistency and a reliable finish from piece-to-piece and load-to-load.
Aluminum Anodizing Ensures:
- A superior paint base (etched only)
- Some electric insulation properties
- Adhesion of organic coatings (i.e. zinc chromate, primers, paints, and lubes) when processed per requirement
- Minimize galvanic corrosion
- Consistent finish
Electrolytic Two-Step Coloring:
- Strengthens the aluminum surface
- Enhances surface characteristic properties of aluminum
- Does not fade from sun or rain
- Provides higher wear and electrical resistance
- Makes anodized aluminum ideal for exterior architectural applications
Anodizing (MIL-A-8625) Processes
Type II (Sulfuric Acid)
- Ideal for applications where resistance to erosion is needed
- Delivers a thicker (0.1 to 1.0 mil) film that provides durability, and corrosion resistance
- Allows porous aluminum extrusions to effectively absorb color dyes while sealing helps prevent color loss
State-of-the-Art Anodizing System
Our system is fully automated and one of the most sophisticated systems of its kind. Our computerized equipment, processes, and controls ensure a high quality finish and excellent color, accuracy, and consistency from part-to-part for lengths up to 28´-6˝ in length.